Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 9 - 5/26

London
Local Time: 9:00pm

Today was the last free day in London. I had planned to go see the changing of the guards this morning but we waited on a few people and ended up missing it. I did get to see Big Ben, the London Eye and Buckingham Palace. We were going to go to see the changing of the horse guards but while we were taking pictures of the palace it stated POURING. We were wearing rain jackets but our pants got soaked. There was no where to take cover so we huddled against the wall of the palace under my umbrella. We have a picture of it which I will upload later. Since we were soaked and the weather remained threatening, we got back on the tube and went back to the hotel. By the time we got to out stop we were almost dry so we decided to do some window shopping before going back to the hotel. As soon as we got back to the hotel, it started pouring again.

I don't feel like I got to see as much of London as I wanted to. I was sick the first nice day, in Stonehenge and Bath the second and today it rained. I also spent a lot of my time on the tube because the hotel was so far from everything. I'll have to come back to London for longer so I can see everything and have a better experience.

Now, we are on a bus traveling to the night ferry that will take us to Amsterdam. From what I hear, the boat is very nice and has free wifi all over. It will be a relief after the horrible hotel we've been in for the past 3 nights.

2 comments:

  1. Great updates. I hope Amsterdam is awesome. Andrew and I really liked it. Go see the Old Masters!! And find the painting of St. Anna by one of the Old Masters, it is breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! It was beautiful! Going to the Louvre tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete