Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 12 - 5/29

Transfer to Paris & Brussels
Local Time: 3pm

We are just leaving Brussels, the capital of Belgium. We stopped for about an hour and a half for lunch and some quick sight seeing. I had an AMAZING Belgian waffle topped with whipped cream, chocolate and fresh strawberries. I also picked up some fries with mayonnaise, another food Belgium is famous for.

In the city, we also saw a little statue of a boy peeing. There are many stories about the purpose of the statue. One claims that it commemorates a boy who saved the town from burning by peeing on a fire. Another story claims that when a little boy went missing his father promised to build at statue exactly where the boy was found.

Local Time: 11:55pm

We are finally in warmer weather!!! I'll finally be able to wear my dresses!

We arrived in Paris around 8pm. After checking into the hotel I went out for a walk around with a bunch of people from my tour. We didn't see anything too exciting but it was nice to have a look around the city. Tomorrow we have a very bust day starting with a three hour bus tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment