Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 2 – 5/19 & 3 - 5/20

Arrival in Dublin

Local Time: 1pm
US Time: 8am

Finally made it to Dublin. My flight from Logan to JFK was canceled so they re-booked me and sent me to London Heathrow and then to Dublin. Heathrow is a HUGE airport. I seriously walked at least a mile. It took me around 15 min to get out of the gate area. Then I had to take a bus to my terminal. Then I had to walk through immigration. Then I had to wait for my boarding pass. Then I had to walk to my gate which took another 15 min.

Also, when Delta re-booked my flight, they didn't give me either of my new boarding passes. I had to run down to my new gate in Boston to get the one to London. In London I had no idea where to go or what flight I was on. I just knew I was connecting to Dublin. I went to the Delta gate in London and they directed me to my new airline.

I got to Dublin, my bag did not. They are going to send it to the hotel for me. They said it made it to London but must have been put on the wrong flight to Dublin by mistake. I'm surprised it made it to London. I had less than an hour to make my new flight.

When I got here I couldn't find my group. I went down to the pub where we were supposed to meet but no one was there. I had to call the director from the pay phone and she came to find me. I also called Dad to tell him I made it so he could pass it on.

I'm so tired... All the traveling and 5 hour time change is taking its toll on me. I don't know how much of this makes sense. I don't even fully remember all the details of how I got here. Just that its been Hell. I'm happy to be with my group and looking forward to getting to the hotel for a nap before dinner. I hope my bag makes it...

My bag made it! I was so happy to see it come thru the door.

The dinner was delicious when we finally got there. We had to wait for the Queen to go by. Salad with salmon, beef stew, dessert of cream filled pastries rolled in chocolate.

Day 3 – 5/20
Location: Dublin

Breakfast. Bus tour of Dublin. We got out at St Pats Cathedral and the Book of Kells. The book of Kells is in Trinity College. They also have an amazing library call the Long room. You cant take pictures bc of George Lucas.

Walked to the Guinness Brewery with 3 other girls. It took about 2 hours because we stopped for lunch and kept stopping in shops. The brewery has 7 floors shaped like a beer glass. The top floor is a 360 degree view of Dublin. It was beautiful. We took a taxi back to the hotel because we were tired.

Went on a Pub crawl tonight. Just getting home actually. SO MUCH FUN!!!!
As a group of 220, we were the largest pub crawl in Ireland. We got free drinks and there were hot boys from Ireland New Zeland, Canada and France.  We went to 4 bars and 1 club. For 12 Euros they give you a wrist band. You get a free Guinness at the first bar, a shot at each bar after that and discounts on drinks.

3 comments:

  1. A bar crawl, such a good example for your younger siblings.

    Hope you are having a great time in Ireland!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever! Its Ireland! (The experience wouldn't be complete without it)I'm having a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you took my advice to go have a Guinness!

    ReplyDelete