Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 14 - 5/31

Paris

Today I went on a walking tour of the city. It was nice to be outside in the sun. We went to an outdoor market where I got a chocolate and banana crepe and raspberry sorbet for lunch. I also got a handbag embroidered with pink and blue flowers to help transport my increasing amount of luggage. We also went on a tour of Victor Hugo's house and a museum of the history of Paris.

This evening, we went to the Eiffel Tower. We went up to the second and top floors. The views were absolutely amazing! I bought a few smaller pictures of the tower in the shop on the second floor to remember it by.

By the time we made our way down, it was after 10pm and almost dark. After dark, every hour, on the hour, the tower lights up and sparkles for 5 minutes. We waited until 11pm to see it. It was definitely worth the wait. It was beautiful! My pictures don't so it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment